I’ve had this dream for a while, to open a little bistrot. 5 years ago we moved to Médoc and since then this idea...
This is one of my favourite sweet potato recipes that is ridiculously easy to prepare and pairs well with just about anything!
When it comes to my favourite vegetables, sweet potatoes are definitely at the top of my list. Not only are they packed with nutrients, but there are so many mouthwatering recipes you can use them in.
Some people enjoy these tasty treats with their eggs in the morning but I prefer adding them as a side to my dinner plate. It pairs well with Basa and brussels sprouts, but my go-to is adding it to my favourite stir-fry! If you would like me to write a blog on my irresistible stir-fry recipe please leave a comment below. Now let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
- A mixing bowl
- Potato Peeler
- Frying Pan
- 2 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic Salt
Remember you can always add more spices to this recipe depending on your preference.
- Start by peeling the skin off of the sweet potato with a potato peeler.
- Rinse the sweet potato and begin cutting it into 1-inch squares.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the frying pan
- Turn the stove on Medium-High and toss in the sweet potatoes.
- Wait for the pan to heat up and then turn it down to Medium. Flip the home fries on a consistent basis and if you notice the fries are getting too dry then add more coconut oil.
- After about 5 minutes add the cinnamon and garlic salt to the home fries.
- Continue tossing until home fries are soft, about 20 minutes. You can also add more cinnamon and garlic salt depending on your preference!
That’s all it takes to make this delicious healthy recipe as a side to any meal, I told you it was easy. Bon Appetite!