I wanted to share with you guys an extremely delicious and healthy cookie recipe that is vegan-friendly!
I make this at least once a week for a quick convenient on-the-go breakfast, or to snack on throughout the week. I always find myself coming back to this recipe if I’m visiting friends and family and want to bring them over a little healthy treat. They get eaten up quickly so if you’re nice enough to share these mouthwatering treats then I would suggest definitely doubling or tripling the measurements in this recipe.
A little hint to ensuring that your cookies turn out as delicious as possible is to make sure you use bananas that are ripe. This means they should be between yellow and yellow with brown spots. This is what gives the cookies their sweetness. The more ripe the banana is, the sweeter it will be! If the bananas you have on hand are still green I would wait a couple of days to make this recipe or go buy some ripe ones. Now let’s get our guilt-free snacking started!
What You’ll Need
- A mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- A blender/food processor (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Feel free to add whatever you like to this recipe. Sometimes I add unsweetened coconut flakes, shredded almonds, and raisins! Have fun with it!
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Start by blending the quick oats into a powder consistency. This is optional, but I prefer it this way as I find it gives the cookies a better consistency.
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl and then add your oat powder that you blended. Mix well.
- Now add your cacao powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, and dark chocolate chips and mix it all together
- Cut up your last banana into slices and mix into your cookie dough. Make sure not to mush up the bananas too much as they are meant to be chunks.
- Spread the coconut oil on your baking tray and roll the dough into balls. Place on the tray and gently press down to flatten them.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes and then let cool for 5 minutes.
That’s it! I hope you enjoy this simple healthy and tasty recipe. Please feel free to share your ideas, and extra ingredients you added to this recipe in the comments below!